Pages Continued

Monday, May 11, 2015

Chrystall Miner Updates

Bookmark Contest WINNER! 
Congratulations to Amelia for winning the GRAND prize in the Magic Tree Bookstore's bookmark contest!  Such a fun and fabulous design!  There was an event at the store this weekend that Amelia was able to attend.  Also, she got our class the new Just Joking book.  So generous!

Secret Student
As a class, we have been working to earn a reward of a CLASS PICNIC!  Every morning, I pick a random student using labeled popsicle sticks, and I watch this student very closely the whole day.  I am looking for the child to exhibit the Mann Motto: Responsibility, Respect, and Compassion.  The catch is, only Mrs. Chrystall knows who the student for the day is (hence the title- Secret Student)!  This means everyone needs to follow all the directions/routines, do all their homework, and be kind to everyone everyday because they could be our secret student that day.  At the end of the day, I let the students know if our secret student earned us a point for the day.  If they did earn a point, I announce who the secret student was and we all clap and cheer for them.  If we do not get the point, I do NOT let the kids know who the secret student was.  This is to celebrate students, not shame anyone who didn't have the best day.  However, the two times we did not get our points, were a great chance to reflect upon and discuss our behavior from the day and review the expectations.  So far our class has earned 10 points which means we are half way to our class reward.  We agreed at the start that we would need 20 points to earn our reward.   It has been a lot of fun for all of us!

Boat Trip
Our Chicago history and architectural tour is already this Thursday.  Please remember to send your child with a bag lunch- make sure everything in the lunch can be thrown away or recycled after your child has eaten.  We are going to have some time after the trip to explore Millennium Park and we won't want to carry around tupperware or lunch bags.  Thank you again to everyone who volunteered to chaperone our trip; I have contacted the parents that were randomly selected.

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather on Thursday!

Birthday Book for the Classroom 
Thank you Charles for donating a book to our classroom library for your birthday!  We love it!


Thank you! 
Wow!  The Chrystall Miners really know how to show their teacher love and appreciation!  Thank you so much for spoiling me for Teacher Appreciation Week and on my birthday the week before last.  You are all so generous, kind and thoughtful!
I sure felt the birthday love!  I couldn't believe all the beautiful, handmade cards and crafts I received!  They had so much effort put into them!  The flowers were the icing on the cake!  Thank you!  

Queen Chrystall!  I loved my teacher appreciation week crown!  :)  

So cool!  I love this!  

YUM!  

All of my favorites!  Mango La Croix, Starbucks, and Chipotle!  Yum, yum, yum!  

I love tulips and can't wait to plant them in the fall!  Every spring when they come up, I will think of this wonderful class.  

More flowers!  I love them!  

SpArKs Night
Don't forget, SpArKs night is on Monday, May 18th.  It will be a fun night organized by all our fabulous special area teachers!

PJ Day
Friday, May 15th is PJ Day!  Please send in a $1 donation.

Mystery Readers
Thank you to all our fabulous mystery readers we have recently had in the classroom!






School of Rock
This weekend, I had the opportunity to go see my first School of Rock concert.  I watched our very own Adam rock out on the drums to many David Bowie songs.  It was awesome.  Thanks for the invite!


No comments:

Post a Comment