Pages Continued

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Effective Effort: You Can Learn Anything

"Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Joshua J. Marine




Mrs. Chrystall's favorite quote from the video: 
"What really helps your brain is when you struggle with things.  Research shows that your brain grows the most, not when you get a question right, but when you get a question wrong... When you challenge your brain, when you review why you got it wrong, when you really process that feedback, that's when your brain grows the most."



This graphic shows the correlation between working hard and using effective strategies to boost achievement and confidence.





Smart Strategies To Help You Learn

Take a look at these learning strategies, boys and girls.... Which do you use?


• I draw pictures or diagrams to help me understand the subject.

• I make up questions that I try to answer about a subject, concept or topic.

• When I am learning something new, I think back to what I already know about it.

• I discuss what I am doing in this subject with others.

• I practice things over and over until I know them well.

I think about my thinking, to check if I understand the ideas in this subject.

• When I don’t understand something, I go back over it again.

• I make a note of things that I don’t understand very well, so that I can follow them up.

• When I have finished an activity, I look back to see how well I did.

• I organize my time to manage my learning.

• I make plans for how to do the activities in class.

The Growth Mindset



No comments:

Post a Comment