Pages Continued

Friday, September 16, 2016

Math Update- Lessons 1-4 Check In

This week we finished the lessons on Place Value of Multi-digit Numbers in our curriculum (lessons 1-4).  Yesterday, all the kids completed a "Check-In" over the concepts in these 4 lessons.  I often give kids check ins after every few lessons to make sure they are keeping up.  I grade it to see if they are understanding the concepts but it doesn't necessary end up as a grade in my grade book- it is more so to inform my instruction.  Today, in math I pulled small groups of students to review misconceptions I noticed on the check in, so your child should have a good understanding of all the concepts in lessons 1-4.   I am going to send home the check ins today, and I ask that you review them with your child and send them back signed on Monday.  I also made the below video that reviews problems from the check in or similar problems.  Please consider having your child watch the below video to work on concepts they are still struggling with.  You might even want to watch this to help understand the place value tables and terminology we have been using in class.
Image result for place value meme
Lesson 1-4 Review Video
Lesson 1-4 Video Handout this is optional to complete the problems along with the video (you can print this out or your child can open it on their iPads and fill it in digitally while they watch the video).

Our first formal quiz will take place after lesson 10.  If all goes as planned, students will take that quiz on Monday, 9/26.  As we get closer to the quiz, kids will write the official date in their planners. Students will receive a study guide next week to begin preparing for the quiz!

Thanks so much for your support from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment