Pages Continued

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Unit 1 Math Test is Next Week

Hello Families! We are very close finishing up our first unit in math! The kids will take their first summative assessment for the unit on Wednesday 10/14. Today in class, we worked on the study guide. The kids made great progress, but most kids have a few more to finish up over the long weekend.

Metacognition is awareness of one’s own knowledge. Research shows that metacognitive skills can be taught to students to improve their learning. To help foster these skills, I had the kids "code" each question of their study guide using the following key:
  • 3 = Super Easy, definitely got it right
  • 2 = It took some thought to figure it out, but I think I got it right
  • 1 = I tried my best, but I'm not sure if it is right or wrong
  • 0 = I am completely stuck and don't understand this at all
Be sure to check out your child's study guide and coding to help them get ready for the test.  We will review the study guide answers in class on Tuesday (parents, also check your email as I am going to email you the study guide answers in case you want to check your child's work yourself).  


No comments:

Post a Comment